Location: Clarksboro, New Jersey
Webpage: RV Park
General Description: Perfectly located for easy access to the historical district of Philadelphia, Timberlane Campground is a family owned and operated campground in the rural area of southern New Jersey. There are both open and wooded sites for RV with a catch-and-release pond. There are both back-in and pull through sites with full hookups. Amenities include restroom/shower facilities, laundry, swimming pool, playgrounds, propane, and a batting cage.
1) The office is set up as a living room with tables to play games or jigsaw-puzzles and a small post office. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
2) The bathrooms and showers are modern, heated, and kept very clean.
3) The site we stayed in was a pull-through site with full hookups in amongst other long term RVs. There are nicer sites around the pond that are wooded, but most of them are back-in sites.
4) This is the only campground I have seen with a softball and hardball batting cages. Certainly a strange amenity.
5) Access to the historical district of Philadelphia was as easy as advertise. It is a 15 minute drive across the Ben Franklin bridge with public parking right on the river. A short walk of a couple of blocks and you are at Independence Hall.