Location: Homestead, Florida
Webpage: RV Park
General Description: Miami Everglades Resort is 34 acres of tropical camping paradise situated avocado, mango, and palm trees surrounded by nurseries and farms. While located just outside of the residential areas of Miami and Homestead, it is conveniently located to US 1 with all the amenities. It is also very close to the main Visitor Center of Everglades National Park and is only 30 miles from Key Largo. Nearly all of the over 250 sites are pull-through with full hookups including either 30 or 50 amps. The resort also has over 20 cabins and over 25 tent sites. Amenities include a clubhouse with pool table and ping pong table, swimming pool, volleyball, shuffleboard, pickle ball, horseshoe and an 18 hole miniature golf course. Facilities include a small camp store, propane, and laundry facilities with two additional bathrooms centrally located in the resort.
1) While relatively expensive ($62 a night during peak season) the resort is very nice and well maintained. The camp store and clubhouse are well stocked with multiple activities throughout the week for guests. The staff was friendly and efficient.
2) The restrooms were cleaned every day and modern, although the bathroom we used was a bit dated.
3) We did not take advantage of the activities or any of the amenities as we were more interested in seeing the Everglades.
4) The location of the Resort was ideal for our purposes. It was far enough from Homestead and especially Miami to be quiet and secluded, yet it was a short drive to the Everglades, Biscayne, and the Florida Keys. When needed it was also a short drive to any stores or repair facilities along US 1.
5) We would certainly stay here again, except for the cost. I should note that while it was more expensive then we wanted to spend, it is not expensive for the region and season (February). You could easily spend over $100 a night at other resorts in the area.