Location: Holt, Florida
Webpage: RV Park
General Description: Conveniently located a mile south of I-10 between Pensacola and Tallahassee, Florida, Rivers Edge RV Campground is a nice quiet RV park perfect for short or long stays. All of the sites are sandy and most are pull-through sites with full hookups. Amenities include rest rooms/showers, laundry room, a club house, horseshoe pits, playground, and a boat ramp to the river.
1) This is a medium size RV Park with nice pull-through sites that include sufficient rooms between rigs for a picnic table and fire ring. Most of the sites are full hookups with 50 amp power.
2) The campgrounds are far enough from the Interstate that you cannot hear any traffic, although Eglin Air Force Base is just across the river to the south so hearing planes at anytime of the day was not unusual.
3) The sites are all very sandy and we found it a challenge not tracking in sand into the RV. We had to sweep the steps and floor every day to keep up with it.
4) The restrooms are old, but clean and the club house is large and spacious making it a perfect place for get-togethers.
5) The river flows just to the south of the campground and along with the cypress swamps was a nice spot for fishing and relaxing. Although you did have to mindful of the mosquitoes that were plentiful even in November.