Location: Lake George, New York
Webpage: RV Park
General Description: Nestled at the base of French Mountain in Adirondack Park, King Phillip’s Campground is the closest full service campground to Lake George. With spacious sites set within the trees, this campground has the outdoor experience within convenient distance of all the attractions of the Adirondack Mountains. They have a wide range of sites from back-in and pull through sites for the largest RVs to smaller sites for tents or popups. The larger sites have full hookups and most of the smaller sites have water and electrical hookups. Amenities include a swimming pool, laundry facilities, propane, small convenience store, arcade room with billiard table, and free cable and Wi-Fi throughout the park.
1) Although the roads wind through the park making it tricky to get our larger 5th wheel to the site, it was easy to access and leave. We had a pull-through site that had great internet connection. While the sites near the office are a bit limited in size, our site located further from the office felt more like a state park with plenty of room between rigs and lots of trees.
2) The staff were friendly and helpful giving us directions on how to catch the trolley to take us into town for the fireworks display every Thursday night during the summer.
3) Our site was far enough away from the very busy highway not to hear any traffic, however, this could be a problem for some of the sites closer to the office.
4) There are multiple bathroom and shower facilities scattered through the campgrounds so nobody is very far from at least a bathroom, as only the central bathroom had showers.
5) Except for this being the tourist location in the south end of the Adirondacks (there was a small amusement park across the road from the campground and three mini-golf complexes within walking distance), we would stay there again to access some great locations in Adirondack Park.