Location: Bethlehem, New Hampshire
Webpage: RV Park
General Description: Nestled in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, the Apple Hill Campground is a relaxing, backwoods campground with lots of trees and quiet. RV sites are mostly pull through sites with full hookups (30 amp electricity). Other amenities include two restrooms/showers locations, a small country store, and propane.
1) The RV sites are nestled amongst large trees with plenty of room between the sites. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring. The sites are rock and gravel, as are the roads in the campground, so travel is a bit rough. We were able to pull into and out of our site with no problems. The sites are not perfectly level, so come prepared with blocking.
2) The family that operate the campgrounds are very nice and helpful. They provided us with maps and suggestions for the scenic drives, hiking trails, and other attractions in the area.
3) The campground is old and could use some work. It has the appearance of a state park instead of a high end RV resort, however, the price is very reasonable and we were quite comfortable staying there.
4) As with the rest of the campground, the bathroom facilities were old and need updating, but they were reasonably clean and functional. They no longer have laundry facilities as the washing machines and dryers were sitting outside the restroom and were getting rusty. I don’t know if they even work as we went to town to do our laundry.
5) There are a number of permanent RVs taking up about half of the campgrounds and some were very old with home made roofs put over them that were falling apart. While they detracted from the appearance of the campground, we were not camping very close to any of them and they were easily ignored.